Saturday, February 16, 2008

Everett 3, Spokane 2 (SO)

What a a game it was! Despite Spokane's 55 shots on goal, the Tips scrapped, scrambled, and struggled but managed to prevail. I congratulate them for beating a very good team last night.

Are the Tips as good as the Chiefs, Americans or Thunderbirds this year? I think not. Too much young talent and not enough experience, coupled with new management and a new coaching philosophy still under review. That said, these kids left it all on the ice last night in a game they shouldn't have won.

Leland Irving. He was brilliant, awesome--at his best--he won us that game, in spite of a few glaring weaknesses on defense (though I won't name names, because every team has them, and good teams win in spite of them).

Jonathan Harty. He's the heart and soul of this team, and without him the Tips go nowhere.

As a fan, I'm in it for the long haul with this team. I love them. Of course I want every season to be as successful as years past. I'm spoiled rotten, I admit it. However, if this is the way it's going to be, then I accept that it's nail biting time, and will someone please just strap me in to my seat for the ride.

GO TIPS! Beat the T-birds! For me....

No comments: